Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The End of Narly Pasta

Last Saturday I went out with the intention of running but it was more like a marathon walk considering it was over an hour long and I ran for about 4 minutes of that. When I really thought about what went wrong I realized I wasn't pacing myself correctly. I would break into a sprint for a min and then feel half dead by the end of it. I still walked about 7.5kms though so it was still a good amount of activity plus a great way to spend a beautiful day.

Tonight I completed my first real day of C25K! I caught myself if I was running to fast and got a good half hour in. I ran around the area of Spring Garden Road since I had to bring a movie back to the library there. It was a good to get two things done at once but it was a little strange running with so many people around. I think next time I will try to find some streets that are little less populated. One of the great things about living in the middle of the city is there are lots of different routes I can take so that should help with not getting bored of it.

Now dinner. After cleaning out the fridge tonight I decided I am not buying any more food until the majority of what I have is eaten. Should be interesting to see what I can cook up over the next week or so. That or you will see a lot of PB and Toast.

I cooked onion and a chicken breast.

I then added some Ragu Mushroom Pasta Sauce. I really like that sauce for it's taste and the fact that the ingredients are very simple. Plus it doesn't hurt that it is cheap! I also just noticed they have an organic line so I might look into that next time.

Served it over spaghetti with a side of a garlic whole wheat English muffin. I needed to use them up so I brushed each half with olive oil, sprinkled it with garlic salt and toasted it up. Soooo good!

After having thrown out two containers of cooked pasta today that have been kicking around the fridge I tried really hard to cook the right amount. Got the portion pretty much perfect for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow. No left overs, score!

I weighed in today and it was exactly what I weighed in last week :P I have a feeling the Easter celebrations may have had something to do with it. Not gaining after the "Good Pie Day" party I went to on Friday is probably an accomplishment in itself though so I am happy :)

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a yummy meal! I wish I had the time to go walking like that, sounds like fun. I'm about to try out a 30 day shred workout tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Another person who just started the C25K! Good for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always trying to eat what food I already have before buy more groceries, and I always cave! Good luck haha! and congrats on your first day of c25k!

    ReplyDelete