I can now call myself a 20 something :) I turned 21 yesterday! I had a little family BBQ at my parents house and my sister made me a fancy cake. It was her first time working with fondant, I think she did I pretty nice job. Plus it combined two of my favorite things. The colour pink and bows!

In terms of potlucks, going out and cakes I think I did pretty well this weekend. Yes I did indulge a little, it was my birthday after all. However, I actually served myself smaller portions and stopped when I felt full. That is something I rarely did before because I ate to fast for my body to resister that it had been fed. It may sound a little elementary but I have really had to work at chewing my food fully before swallowing. I am finding I enjoy my food a lot more even if I am eating less then I was before.
Gift wise I got some new makeup brushes from my sister, they are so soft and pretty. I love them! I also got a little picnic set (forks, cup plates) that came in it's own cute little bag. The star of the show was the tent my parents got me. I had mentioned wanting to go camping this summer so it was the perfect gift. Plus it is lime green! I will have to get some pictures up later of it.
Tonight I am going out for dinner at ChaBaa Thai and then to the movies for Sex and the City 2. I am excited to see the movie but sad that it will be over or I will at least have to wait a couple of years to see the next movie. Over the last couple of weeks I watched all six seasons and the 1st movie for the first time. I loved it! So excited. I even bought new shoes ;)

Wow, now I feel even more like a noob because I just sent you a text saying sorry I forgot your birthday was on Tuesday, when it was actually on Monday. DOUBLE FAIL.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a good time, that looks like an awesome cake!! Kudos on the food portions, I'm currently working on that too.
I remember my grandmother saying to me as a kid "chew each bite 30 times." That might be a bit much though. Good concept though. I read in WH magazine that you must savor your food (chewing a lot) because it will kick in the satisfaction part of the brain and allow your body to register that you're eating. It's all science.
So I'm the biggest noob ever, after wasting an hour researching employees rights and final wages, I find out that an employer can withhold wages from an employee without notice only if he files a compliant to the labor division with proof that he lost money due to their leave without notice. Anyway, I checked my email a minute ago and he said that pay day is this Wednesday, not last Wednesday. BIGGEST NOOB EVER. omg...
ReplyDeletebut at least I know for next time. And by the way, that reference you gave was from the Manitoba government site. I did a lot of researching and a lot of provinces/states have no right to withhold wages, but in NS, I guess you can.