Friday, January 14, 2011

Calorie Counting Again

This time I am actually going to do it consistently though. last time I was using a website online so when ever I wanted to track something I had to get on the computer and log into the site before I could track anything. As a result I didn't track every day or everything. I quickly dropped the tracking and started gaining weight again.

The reason I am going to be more consistent besides the fact that I have much better motivation now is that I am going to be using my android smart phone. I downloaded the Calorie Counter app for food tracking and the JEFIT app for exercise routines. I haven't really done much with the JEFIT yet but I am loving the Calorie Counter one so far. You can look up any food and find all the nutritional info. So I am very hopeful in terms of it's helpfulness.

Today I went to the grocery store and bought lots of good food. Fresh veggies and ground beef to ake up a big batch of spaghetti sauce to go with whole wheat spaghettini. I love whole wheat everything ad pretty much always have. It's the one healthy thing that isn't hard for me hehe. Broccoli and baby carrots for snacks and sides. I think I have breakfast covered for the next few weeks at least now that I have more cereal in my apartment then I ever have had before. I wanted to get some good healthy cereal but when I got to isle I saw that there was a deal to spend $25 dollars on a certain brand and get a $10 gift card. So I got 4 boxes of cereal and 4 boxes of cereal bars. I intend to save the bars for snacks when I am wanting a chocolate fix :) I also got a few salmon steaks :D

Over all I am looking forward to cooking lots of real food and enjoying it all. Things are lookin up!

No comments:

Post a Comment