My surgery went well. Near the end I started to become more aware of what was going on. I remember vaguely wondering why the doctor was flossing my teeth but the laughing gas made me not really care. It was a strange feeling. Oh and it wasn't floss I was feeling, it was the stitches going in :P When I was being brought to the recovery room I was giggling so hard I was crying and I narrowly missed running into a table. It was an interesting day. I pretty much went to sleep as soon as I got to my mother's house.
For the first day I had a protein shake mid afternoon and a bit of Kraft Dinner for supper. I have been replacing white pasta and rice with whole grain versions as much as possible. That was a bit of a step back in that KD is really not the best food at all... but it was squishy and it was brought to me on my couch. So I inserted it into my mouth (best way to describe how I have been eating) and enjoyed.
I ventured out to a 24 hour supermarket last night on the way home to my apartment. No makeup, swollen face and all. Stocked up on some liquidy soups, yogurt without seeds, some soft caned fruit, boxed mashed potatoes, a couple boxes of KD, some chef boyardi and a little thing of ice cream. This plus eggs, oatmeal and lots of peas should keep me alive. I am going to keep to the calorie intake I have set for myself. It really shouldn't be to hard considering how long it takes me to take a "bite."
I also bought some really great juice. It is Sun-Rype FruitPlus Veggies in Strawberry Banana flavour. It tastes great, the ingredient list is readable and there is no sugar added. Plus it is a way to get more veggies in me. There was also a Blueberry flavour. I am sure it tastes great but it really is not the most appetizing colour. The Strawberry Banana bright orange so that coupled with the fact that it has carrots in it makes you think it is going to taste carroty but it really tastes quite fruity. Maybe I will try out the Blueberry next time... accompanied by a blindfold perhaps?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I hope you are healing well! I remember when I got my wisdom teeth out I ate a lot of mashed potatoes. Yum! And I think it's okay to enjoy some KD when you've had surgery :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! Yeah, I only ate two boxes over the whole time and I still have two boxes left in the cupboard that are not even tempting me. I agree, KD is OK after surgery. Mashed potatoes were very much a staple for me as well.
ReplyDelete