For the last week and a bit I have been really good in terms of food and exercise. I tried out one of the P90x workouts that I got from a co-worker. It wasn't bad but I found it a little slow. Not to say it wasn't a good workout but I think I like the 30 day shred better. I am going to look for another one of Jillian's DVDs or something like it to mix stuff up a bit. I have done 30 day shred twice since Saturday! I wasn't recording my exercise before Sat but I exercised a few times that week too. Yesterday I realized that it is getting easier! I didn't feel like I was dying by the end :D If I keep at it I should be able to try out level 2 soon. I think I am going to try some yoga tonight to give my muscles a little rest
Food wise I have been trying very hard to eat slower. I read or heard somewhere (I think it was Dr Oz) that you should be chewing your food 20 times. Wonderful visual eh? It slows my eating down a lot and I am able to enjoy and savour the taste for longer too. I have actually started to feel full by the end of a meal this week. I am not sure if this is because I am taking longer to eat it or because I am trying to be aware of my fullness but it is working!
I haven't been recording my weight on the blog recently because it has been 194 consistently. I frankly just wasn't putting in enough effort till very recently. This morning I weighed myself and it was down to 192.2! I want to fit into those pants I bought so I am going to make it happen!

I was looking at more of Jillian's DVDs too, there was 2 more in Coles the last time I was there browsing around.
ReplyDeleteIt's hard for me to remember to eat slow. At work, I don't have time to really eat and enjoy because we don't even get a full 15 minute break (not fair!), so I have to wolf my food. But I guess it all takes practice!
Oh guess what, Allie called me today to say that she's asking her parents to help her pay for a personal trainer for her birthday. She says she wants to get in shape now--first time I heard her acknowledge exercise and weight loss! I guess that's good for her
There are laws about how long your breaks are supposed to be for how many hours you work. <15min sounds a little low to me.
ReplyDeleteThats pretty cool about Allie, hope she sticks with it!
Yeah... they're not doing so well with that law. It makes it really tough, and really tough to try eating enough throughout the day to keep myself fueled, let alone enjoy my lunch. *sigh* But if it comes down to it I'll take "bathroom" breaks and have a snack then, even though that sounds a bit gross...
ReplyDelete