Thursday, May 13, 2010

Circuit Training

I just got back from the gym. This time I went to the no boys allowed gym closer to my house. It was the same one I went to the Zumba class at and I liked the looks of it better then the one I went to on Friday.

I started out with some run/walk intervals to get warmed up. Then I went to the circuit machines. Their diagrams and controls were so much easier to figure out then the ones in the other gym. I did the whole circuit for 15 reps on weight that felt right for each muscle group. Some were 15-25lbs (arms) and some were about 50lbs (legs). I just judged it by what felt like it was just a little hard at the beginning and by the 14th-15th rep it was more towards the pushing it level. I think I did well. Then I did 10 hard mins on what I think was the elliptical, I did just over 1000 strides I think the machine called it. Finished it off with some crunches and reverse crunches. All in all I think it was a pretty balanced workout. Hopefully next time I can get some more cardio in, a lot of my time tonight was spent figuring out the machines since I didn't want to hurt myself.

When I was walking home I felt so great, so peaceful and proud of myself. Also I don't think I have walked so slow in my life. I was feeling it already haha.

My trip to Planet Organic did not result in any Silver Hills bread as they were out. I will have to go back this weekend since the guy said they should get some by the end of the week. I did however score at Winners of all places. I didn't really know they carried food until yesterday when I found an entire box of peanut butter Clif bars there. The price worked out to just over a dollar a bar. I snatched it right up considering they are usually still close to two dollars when they are on sale.

I also got a bag of this panda licorice that I LOVE! It is all natural and it is the closest thing I have found to dropies (without the salt) in non dutch stores. ♥ it! Plus who can complain when they have such a cute mascot?

I am really looking forward to my first massage ever tomorrow! The girl friend of one of my co-workers is almost finished her schooling at the massage college and they are having a fund raiser. $25 dollars for a 1hour massage. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment