I am a bad blogger... this is still the longest I have ever stuck with blogging so I am going to stick with it and try to be more consistent.
I had my first and probably last personal training session today. It was a complementary fitness assessment and goal setting session. I really liked learning more about where I am fitness wise, where I could be and what I have to do to get there. Even if it was a little humiliating falling on my face while trying to do a pushup... However a personal trainer costs about 50$ per session from the quick math I did when she told me it would cost 2000 something for 6 months of twice a week. While I value my health I don't have that much money to spend on top of the gym membership I am already paying for.
I am however going to try to take at least 1 of the body pump or the other strange training classes a week as she recommended after I declined the personal trainer stuff. Body pump is one of the classes included in the membership fee and it will count as one of the three strength training times a week she told me to do plus I will learn moves to use on the other days.
She kind of made it seem like I was setting myself up for failure by not going the personal trainer route and that is unfortunate. I know it was probably just a sales tactic but it does put that little seed of doubt in my mind. I am just going to have to spin it in my head as something to prove wrong and that I can achieve the same results without spending 450 dollars a month doing it.
I am sure personal trainers are great and are the best route for many people. I just know that my dutch frugalness can't wrap my head around it without at least trying it on my own first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment